• Simon Linford
    One of my students on the Advanced Conducting group on the North West Course has asked where there is a decent explanation of how to use coursing orders in Grandsire and Stedman Triples. I have seen something good on the subject of Grandsire somewhere but don't know where. Is it in 'Standard Methods'? And I would be surprised if Stedman Triples conductors following coursing orders.
  • John Harrison
    there are tw approaches to using the coursing order in Gradsire: the usual one and the one I worked out for myself. The former uses the whole order, which has to be transposed every lead but is unchanged by a bob. The approach I discovered treats the hunt bell separately and only changes at a call. There are pros and cons with each.
    I described the system I worked out in The Tower Handbook (now on my website). I think I might have written an article for The Learning Curve, but I can't check because a couple of years ago the CC website stopped providing a lot of the content to any non- recent browser, including my iPad, which is all I've got here.
  • Steve Farmer
    @John Harrison you did post a two part, the first is here .. https://cccbr.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/200601.pdf just what I needed as this is my next conducting requirement! Thank you !
  • John Harrison
    that article is about Doubles but the previous discussion was about Triples.
  • Steve Farmer
    Sorry .. hadn’t seen that
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to your Ringing Forums!

If you would like to join in the conversation, please register for an account.

You will only be able to post and/or comment once you have confirmed your email address and been approved by an Admin.