- Minehead Scout Jamboree project
    - Ringing 2030
    - Ringing or music?
    - Coverage on Three Counties Radio
    - Media coverage for 'Ring for the King'
    - Challenges of marketing to youngsters
    - Paid post advertised at St Clement's Ringing Centre
  • A J Barnfield
    "...while there may be a chap down the pub who thinks we’ve already called last orders on ringing's future, others see a bright future worth striving for."

Next time I am down the pub I will try to sort him out.
  • Jason Carter
    Vicki Chapman's interview on BBC Radio 4 and 'The Times' article were both excellent. But if I may say, and I alluded to this in my letter in the RW last week, without harnessing the power :smile: of the whole (existing) bellringing community (or those of us who wish to piggy back off central council activity) it won't generate much interest. I have this evening put a post on my local facebook group to promote Ring for the KIng, and I hope we may get a few learners on Thursday. At the branch AGM next month I want to recruit a social media officer so that we can move away from facebook and into Instagram or even TikTok. If I cant find someone, then I will try... But sharing what media focus is coming up from the centre, so that those ringers that want to, can piggy back off it, is really important, in my humble opinion.
  • Lucy Chandhial
    I agree with this:
    Jason Carter - But sharing what media focus is coming up from the centre, so that those ringers that want to, can piggy back off it, is really important, in my humble opinion.

I was surprised that we had the Times article and various other pieces about Ring for the King but no distributed ‘press pack’ for all Associations / towers to make use.
    Maybe something has been sent to Association PR contacts but nothing has filtered down (in my area) or maybe the National PR started before the press pack is ready but it is a shame not to be able to quickly capitalise on it in an easy and efficient way.
  • Jason Carter
    I agree with this:
    Jason Carter - But sharing what media focus is coming up from the centre, so that those ringers that want to, can piggy back off it, is really important, in my humble opinion.

I was surprised that we had the Times article and various other pieces about Ring for the King but no distributed ‘press pack’ for all Associations / towers to make use.
    Maybe something has been sent to Association PR contacts but nothing has filtered down (in my area) or maybe the National PR started before the press pack is ready but it is a shame not to be able to quickly capitalise on it in an easy and efficient way.
    Lucy Chandhial

Thanks Lucy. We need to develop a community that can be *pushed* information about upcoming national media activity, so that they can use it locally on FB, Instagram and Tiktok. I shared 'Ring for the King' related stuff on FB on Friday and have two new recruits coming on Thursday. It is probably a (old skool) 'PR' group or maybe a more modern 'Social Media hub' that we need to support the good work that Vicki Chapman is doing. It is the follow up that needs to deliver, behind the scenes
  • Simon Linford
    Vicki Chapman, CC PRO, is working on it. There are only so many spare hours in the day and she's been a bit overwhelmed by how quickly this has snowballed. You can never be sure what the press will pick up on, but after the initial appearance of the article in the Times there have been multiple requests from TV and radio and the PR workroup has been busy arranging half a dozen bands to satisfy the demands of media around the country. I caught the Newport ringers on Radio 4 this morning - another very good piece. Apparenty she even has German radio wanting to come and do some recording!

So please bear with the PR team, and something will be forthcoming so all tis coverage can be exploited at a local level.
  • Jason Carter
    ↪Lucy Chandhial Vicki Chapman, CC PRO, is working on it. There are only so many spare hours in the day and she's been a bit overwhelmed by how quickly this has snowballed. You can never be sure what the press will pick up on, but after the initial appearance of the article in the Times there have been multiple requests from TV and radio and the PR workroup has been busy arranging half a dozen bands to satisfy the demands of media around the country.Simon Linford

Maybe the first paid for post should be PRO...
  • Simon Linford
    That's been discussed actually!
  • Alan C
    Maybe the first paid for post should be for fundraising?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to your Ringing Forums!

If you would like to join in the conversation, please register for an account.

You will only be able to post and/or comment once you have confirmed your email address and been approved by an Admin.