• Steve Pilfold
    I've popped this in "General" as it spans training, recruitment and publicity.

There is a team from the London Transport Museum who make YouTube vlogs visiting hidden places connected with London's transport network. In one episode they visited Whitechapel and (naturally) discussed bells.

Chris Nix, who is one of the presenters of their productions (and also a director of the LTM and features regularly on the TV version "Secrets of the Underground"), is a bellringer.

Anyway, long story short it seems they were invited to South Stoke tower to all have a go....

The video that was produced, in my opinion, makes a far better job of talking about learning to ring and explaining how bells work than a lot of efforts I've seen that have specifically been produced for bell ringing (rather than London Transport history fans!).

It is a bit long at over 30 mins, which is the style for the channel (it isn't made as a publicity video), but there are some really good clips and explanations along the way.

This clip particularly discussing stay and slider interaction is really good, and also, well lit for the top of a tower

Here is the full video: https://youtu.be/cvOTLwWMlKQ
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to your Ringing Forums!

If you would like to join in the conversation, please register for an account.

You will only be able to post and/or comment once you have confirmed your email address and been approved by an Admin.