• John Harrison
    Survivorship bias may come into play here, given you made it throughTristan Lockheart

Obviously the fact that 60+ years later I am still ringing and still learning new things marks me out - biases my thoughts if you like to put it that way - but 'survivor' gives the wrong impression. I did not manage to come through a bad expereince on top. In my teens I was cycling every week to practices and most Saturdays to ringing meetings within a 30 mile radius, being made welcome and supported in all cases. I was also running a tower and teaching other youngsters without adult interference, which enabled us not only to get practices going again but to become a leading band in the area. Those opportunities obviously had an effect on me (but didn't stop me giving up ringing for a decade in my 20s/30s). I'm not sure how relevant that is to my views on sensible ways t develop ringers though.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to your Ringing Forums!

If you would like to join in the conversation, please register for an account.

You will only be able to post and/or comment once you have confirmed your email address and been approved by an Admin.