• Cathy Dixon
    The Central Council recently posted that there will be special evensong services on February 6th 2022 to mark 70 years since Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne, and stating "the opportunity to mark this day with collective bellringing would be welcomed by the Church of England". However, I have heard a rumour that the Queen does not want to mark this occasion as it also marks the death of her father. I can find nothing to support this rumour, other than this quote on the Royal Family website "As is usual on Accession Day, Her Majesty spent the day privately at Sandringham". Are ringers planning to mark the Accession Day or just wait for the main celebrations in June?
  • Barbara Le Gallez
    We're marking it, Cathy, at my tower and 3 neighbouring towers I persuaded to join in. With a Festival of Ringing advertised in our village newsletter. The reason being simply that it's publicity for us (as we desperately need to recruit).
  • Simon Linford
    I think quite a lot of towers are doing something next Sunday - quarter peal for Evensong for instance. Clergy don't seem to know so much about it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to your Ringing Forums!

If you would like to join in the conversation, please register for an account.

You will only be able to post and/or comment once you have confirmed your email address and been approved by an Admin.