• Alison Hodge
    https://www.cofe-worcester.org.uk/news/can-i-count-them.php

This note has just been posted by Worcester Diocese but probably appears elsewhere in the CofE.

Should ringers be included?
  • A J Barnfield
    No. Not unless they attend services.
  • David Struckett
    Clearly not - the article is about attendance at services and worship, not any periferal activity.
  • DRJA Dewar
    Definitely not, it would be a disgrace to include ringers who may well (as in the general population) be atheists.
  • Gerald Wilson
    I agree with the above, but as the person in our church who returns these stats (for my sins, it's an awful job done properly) I find the advice quite surprising and certainly not what I do, as you would just get random answers. The data is supposed to generate Average or Regular Weekly Attendance and therefore any unusual attendance should be excluded. So 150 folk at a baptism one Sunday who never darken the church door otherwise from one year to the next clearly do not comprise Regular Attendance. It all depends on whether you want to produce statistically meaningful data or not.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to your Ringing Forums!

If you would like to join in the conversation, please register for an account.

You will only be able to post and/or comment once you have confirmed your email address and been approved by an Admin.