• Vicki Chapman
    At the CCCBR AGM Elaine Scott suggested to me we should consider a reprint of a leaflet she was aware of from many years ago that was a good example of introducing people to ringing.

The book was called Ring Church Bells for Fun and Friendship by Robert Appleby with a foreward by Sir (at the time) Andrew Lloyd Webber, first published in 1997 by Treetop Books, as an A5 leaflet of 20 something pages.

Would anybody have a copy for us to look at and see how we might be able to update it? Please get in touch if you do, via

Thanks.
  • Jane Lynch
    Have you asked Robert himself?
  • Vicki Chapman
    do you have his contact details?
  • Jane Lynch
    Yes I'll be ringing with him tomorrow I'll mention it to him and ask if he minds me sharing his details
  • Jane Lynch
    I have obtained a copy of the book from Robert today, who needs it? It's out of print but he has no issue people using it for reference etc...it's probably somewhat out dated in parts now.
  • Samuel Nankervis
    It's always good to emphasis the different aspects of bell ringing when you're talking to non-ringers, or in leaflets, or if you're writing articles. Putting the thought in their head, as to why they might like to try bell ringing is crucial. This can range from wishing to find a new hobby/activity, meet new people/friendship group, to help stay fit and active both physically and mentally. That's why it's always worth introducing yourself to anyone new to the area, even better a family who might like an activity they can all be part of.
    Write articles in Parish/local mags. confirming yours is an active tower (tower outings) and that you're friendly, and how much you enjoy bell ringing.
  • Vicki Chapman
    That's great thank you. Would you kindly send it to me at 20 Mews Court, Chelmsford CM2 9PF. Many thanks.
  • Vicki Chapman
    Hi Jane, confirming receipt. Thank you. Please email me where to return it to once I'm done with it, unless I'm allowed to keep it :)
  • Jane Lynch
    You can keep it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to your Ringing Forums!

If you would like to join in the conversation, please register for an account.

You will only be able to post and/or comment once you have confirmed your email address and been approved by an Admin.