• Simon Linford
    Prior to a QP on Tuesday evening when someone mentioned that their copy of Diagrams showed Bristol Maximus with 10ths place Bobs in, I wondered when the first year was when peals of Bristol Maximus with 4ths place bobs became the majority?
  • Graham John
    If it helps, I have rung over 100 peals of Bristol Maximus since 1989, and I don't recall any of them using 10ths place calls.
  • Simon Linford
    I remember my early peals of it at Birmingham Cathedral when Liz Bowden was a regular visitor and just before we started she would always ask "are we ringing 10 courses" much to our amusement. But it was a serious question left over from when it was clearly the norm.
  • PeterScott
    "are we ringing 10 courses" much to our amusement

It's the way you tell them :-)
  • Robert Wood
    The only time I've rung 10th's place bobs was in a composition by Alan Reading which used both 4th's and 10th's place bobs.
  • David House
    Of the 35 peal of Bristol Maximus I rang between 1969 and 1983, there were 12 which were rung with 10ths place calls. Although there were a few which were the full 5280, most of them were 5086, starting at the snap after the wrong. The 90 or so I’ve rung since 1983 have all been with 4ths place calls.
  • Simon Linford
    Looks like about 1983 then. Just about before my time ;-)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to your Ringing Forums!

If you would like to join in the conversation, please register for an account.

You will only be able to post and/or comment once you have confirmed your email address and been approved by an Admin.