• PeterScott
    R4 Broadcasting House this morning (21 mins into the programme) had their SlowRadio item of the ringing-up for a QP of BuxtonBobMinor at Ducklington in January. It was recorded by the tower-key-holder from their garden. The entertainment was the banter after the recording, about whether the programme presenter PaddyO'Connell had ever heard Buxton Bob Minor rung so fast ...

... which of course it wasn't, as the band were ringing-up at the time. They also mentioned BellsOnSunday in a lighthearted comment. Hmmmmm. Anyone else heard it live ?
  • John Harrison
    I heard it and I sent them an explanatory email. It will be interesting to see if I get a reply
  • J Martin Rushton
    Thanks for the link. I also heard the next item which was about a boat up near the Shetlands that had managed to leave their mike open on channel 16. For those not in the know, channel 16 is the emergency and hailing frequency which should always be kept clear for "Mayday" traffic or similar. 12 hours of Radio 4 does not count as a "Mayday"! Ooops.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to your Ringing Forums!

If you would like to join in the conversation, please register for an account.

You will only be able to post and/or comment once you have confirmed your email address and been approved by an Admin.